- Fixed night shift
- Fixed 2-days off a week
- Comprehensive training's to boost your career
- Benefits: Night Differential, Life and Accident Insurance, HMO, leave credits convertible to cash, attendance bonus, government-mandated benefits
ABOUT THE POSITION
A mortgage underwriter will render a final decision (approval, disapproval, approval with conditions) for mortgage loan applications in a timely, accurate and compliant manner. The Underwriter will review loan applications based on factors such as capacity, credit history, capital, and collateral in compliance with company policy, GSE and investor guidelines, and state and federal law and regulation
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Underwrite loans for compliance with Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and investor guidelines.
- Analyze loan documents (credit reports, income documentation, tax returns, assets, appraisal reports, title reports, insurance documents, fraud prevention products, purchase contract, etc) for accuracy and completeness and deliver valid credit decisions.
- Submit loans through an automated underwriting system for a decision.
- Make highly complex loan decisions based on the overall worthiness of the borrower, layering of risk and all program requirements and issue loan approvals, suspensions, counter offers or denials. Must be detailed in loan approval rationale including income and asset calculations clearly noted.
- Identify quality concerns and red flags and validate accuracy of associated risk to the borrower or property/collateral profile.
- Notify appropriate parties of loan decisions with an explanation of any modifications or reasons for denial.
- Conduct timely review and clearing of conditions/stipulations on files returned for review.
- Assist branches with underwriting questions, scenarios and problems.
- Maintain 24 - 48 hour underwriting turnaround for new loans and re-submitals.
- Maintain current level of knowledge on all requirements by consistently researching and reviewing the applicable guidelines, program updates, credit overlays and changes.
- Works with the loan originators and processors to create solutions for problems that arise during processing.
- Responsible for verifying the accuracy of the mortgage loan terms, the loan amount, and product type before sending to the closing.
- Responsible for submitting loan packages to MI companies for approval
- Provide timely and thorough responses to prefunding audits and investor.
- Perform other duties as assigned
FUNCTIONAL JOB COMPETENCIES
- Thorough understanding of mortgage credit processing and underwriting
- Strong credit, risk analysis and analytical skills to analyze complex mortgage documentation
- Complete knowledge of loan documents and US Mortgage terminologies, FHLMC and FNMA guidelines, and State and Federal agency policies and procedures
- Proficient in navigating various LOS software and systems
- Responsive to time constraints
- Ability to communicate effectively in person, over the telephone and through written correspondence
- Responsible for the accurate presentation, analysis, and underwriting of residential mortgage loans within targeted time frames
- Responsible for meeting service commitments for approving and closing mortgage loans
- Accountable for all mortgage lending decisions and proper documentation of loans
- Accountable for Performance Management Goals as agreed upon with Supervisor.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- At least 3 years of US Mortgage underwriting experience is required
- Graduate of a 4-year college or university with major course work in a discipline related to the requirements of the position is a plus. (Will consider the equivalent combination of job experience & education that demonstrates the ability to perform the essential functions of this job.)
- Must work effectively in a fast pace environment with low tolerance for error.
- Able to handle a great variety of tasks and responsibilities simultaneously
If you have more questions regarding the job offer, Click here to view the FAQs page.